The process of getting and keeping that lawn green? Somewhat less joyful.
If you’re tired of wrestling with garden hoses every spring and summer, you might want to consider installing an irrigation system. Read on to learn more about some of the benefits of landscape irrigation in Philadelphia, PA.
1. Get more control over your water use with an automated sprinkler system
When you water your lawn the old-fashioned way, you might be left with doubt. Did I give each spot enough to drink? But with a sprinkler system, you can make sure you’re not underwatering OR overwatering your lawn, plants and flowers.
2. Your plants would thank you if they could talk
We all know what plants look like when they don’t get enough water. With an automated irrigation system, you can ensure your plants, flowers and lawn get the nourishment they need even during periods without a lot of rain.
3. You’ll save money in the long run
To be clear, investing in landscape irrigation in Philadelphia, PA can be costly in the short term, but you’ll save money and have a more efficient system in the long term.
If you hire a professional landscape irrigation service, that company will set the system to deliver water at certain times of day, based on the climate where you live and the needs of your lawn.
4. It can increase the value of your home
Let’s say you decide to sell your home. What better way to showcase the property than with a rich, emerald lawn? Besides, the time you save on watering your grass can be used for other pre-sale upgrades, and the addition of an irrigation system is itself a selling point for your property.
5. You’ll save water
According to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), proper management of a landscape irrigation system can reduce your yearly outdoor water use by close to 8,800 gallons, which is the equivalent of taking 500 showers.
The EPA and the Irrigation Association, an industry trade group, offers these tips for saving water and maintaining your system:
- Adapt your watering schedule for each season, adjusting it to meet current weather conditions.
- Use plants that are known to thrive in your climate, or are at least drought tolerant
- Add mulch to your plant beds
- Inspect your system each month, looking for leaks, clogs and other problems to make sure water gets to where it’s needed
- Have a different schedule for each “zone” of your property. Some areas will need more water than others.
- Water when the sun is low or down, when winds are calm, and temperatures are cooler. If you water during mid-day, you risk losing up to 30 percent of your water due to evaporation.
Is your home or commercial property ready for landscape irrigation? Philadelphia, PA residents trust Realty Landscaping to help their lawns look their greenest.
Our commercial and residential landscape irrigation services include:
- Irrigation maintenance and seasonal adjustments
- Rainwater harvesting
- Pop-up and drip irrigation design and installation
Contact us today for a free landscape irrigation service and find out how we can give you the lawn you’ve always wanted.