With the 2015 spring season now upon us, the spring cleanup process is more important than ever. After receiving a decent amount of snowfall this past winter, which included wet snow and gusty winds, the season created a backyard nightmare for almost everyone.
The following are some easy steps to follow to complete a successful spring cleanup:
- Removal of any fallen trees or limbs from the winter snow and ice damage
- Grinding of tree stumps that are a result of fallen trees
- Removal of the stump grinding and filling in with topsoil above grade, allowing for settlement
- Installation of the proper grass seed mix, and then straw mulch in the affected area
- Raking the lawn would be beneficial to remove all matted down leaves and debris so that the turf area can breathe and get the proper air circulation.
- Any wet areas should also be raked and cleaned of debris.